Temperature Controller ideal for package sealing and water-cooled extrusion
E5_D is the next generation controller designed to achieve optimal and automatic temperature control without human intervention. All typical adjustments made in the field by experts are now automated using adaptive control technology.
- Adaptive control for self optimization of control setting due to process changes
- Specialized function for better sealing application (packaging) and for water-cooled extruders (plastic)
- Draw-out structure for easier maintenance operation
- Same basic specification of E5_C series
Adaptive control algorithmWith standard temperature controllers, not only do you need a long time to define initial start-up PID settings, but it is also challenging to make the optimal adjustments without having previous experience doing so. That’s why Omron developed the E5_D Series with “adaptive control technology”. This automatically detects changes in the process under control and adapts the PID parameters accordingly.
Perfect sealing temperature control for packaging machinesOn a conventional sealing machine temperature sensors can often be located too far away from the sealing surface of the heating bar. This causes a difference between the temperature of the sealing surface and the temperature actually being controlled. This temperature difference and sealing failures, increase as the packaging speed increases, as the packaging materials become thinner or with change in ambient temperature.
Thanks to the E5_D series, this issue is solved with the following approach:
- Bringing the sensor closer to the sealing surface - thanks to special temperature sensor models for faster detection
- Adopting special algorithms (automatic filter adjustment function) built into E5_D, specifically developed to suppress temperature variations. The result is a better sealing quality of the packages.