Dedicated Hardware Solution with Motion, EtherCAT, and SECS/GEM Communication for Semiconductor Industry
The Semiconductor version of the NJ Machine Automation Controller allows for direct communication to the Host PC
- Single controller for motion, networks, and communication with Semiconductor systems
- Eliminates points of failure in gateway PC and specialized software for High-Speed SECS Message Services (HSMS)
- Supports Ethernet, TCP/IP, E37 HSMS-SS, E5 SECS II, and E30 GEM protocol layers
- Event Notification and Alarm Management Functions
- Includes SECS/GEM log viewer for debug and maintenance
- Embedded EtherCAT for realtime I/O, motion, vision, and safety
Real-Time OSThe NJ-Series hardware has been designed to adapt to the quickly changing demands of a machine automation controller. A typical system built around an application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) can be difficult to change and enhance. The NJ-Series uses the proven Intel® Atom™ processor to allow real-time improvements to the core of the system. This adaptability virtually guarantees a future-proof system that can lead today's automation technology and trends.
- Unmatched CPU performance
- Advanced embedded motion
- Unique application solutions
Accurate and PreciseBecause Omron developed every aspect of the control core, run-time is predictable and reliable with no instability caused from third party code or software. With this advantage, NJ-Series functions can be accurately and precisely predicted for real world operation. The NJ501 comes in 16, 32, and 64-axis models, with features such as CAM profile simulations that provide not only position data, but additionally velocity, acceleration, and jerk. These give a detailed prediction of how the machine motion will actually perform. Only Omron can deliver such an efficient controller, ensuring your application will behave as desired.
- Logic simulation
- Motion simulation
- Reliable operation
Motion, Logic, and Vision in ONEWith a powerful processor comes multiple systems integrated into one controller. Providing advanced motion control with proven machine logic in one unit gives your machine the ultimate advantage. The NJ-Series seamlessly combines two prominent application requirements to reduce hardware and development cost. Handshaking and other intermediate steps needed with multiple systems that create overhead, inefficiency, and delay are all eliminated while functionality and performance are increased. Tying in vision via the built-in EtherCAT interface, configured from the same software environment as the logic and motion, makes the solution unprecedented. All logic, motion, I/O, and vision response refreshing are all executed in the same control period. This enables precise sequence and motion control, in-sync with machine vision, all within a fixed period with minimal deviation.
- One Controller: Tightly integrated logic, motion, and vision without sacrificing performance
- One Software: Integrated Development Environment for logic, motion, and vision
- One Connection: Single connection point into every aspect of the machine
Robust Hardware DesignBuilding on Omron's reputation for quality and innovation, the NJ-Series is designed to be a solid performer in the class of machine automation controllers. All Omron hardware undergoes stringent industrial environment testing. Fan-less operation with efficient heat dissipation eliminates mechanical failure and extends the life of the system. Standard Ethernet and USB Ports provide familiar interfaces for connection and communication. An SD memory card slot integrated in the CPU provides a common media for data storage. Backwards compatibility is provided with most CJ type IO units for easy upgrade and a full range of available and existing unit types.
- Class leading industrial-grade unit with compact size
- Standard feature Ethernet/IP and EtherCAT Master ports
- Backward compatibility with existing Omron CJ type IO & units