2 and 4-wire PUR (polyurethane) Safety Mats
- IP65 rated for wash down cleaning
- Single-piece molded PUR construction: withstands chemicals and abrasion better than PVC
- Black or yellow color; choose what is best for the application
- Easy cable connection: 4-wire for individual monitoring or 2-wire for faster series installatio
How the System Works
The operation of a UMA Mat system is easy to understand. The mat is a simple, normally open switch. When a specified minimum weight is applied to the mat the “switch” closes. This sends a signal to the controller which, in turn, sends a stop signal to the guarded machine.
Each mat presents two wires with a terminating resistor or four wires to the controller providing the redundancy required to monitor the wiring for open circuits due to incorrect wiring or physical damage to the wires.
In order to meet many national safety regulations, Omron STI offers trim to secure the mat to the floor so that it cannot be easily relocated and therefore become ineffective. In order to meet many national safety regulations, Omron STI offers ramp trim to minimize tripping and to secure the mat to the floor so that it cannot be easily relocated and therefore become ineffective.
SCC-1224A Safety Mat / Edge Controller
The new SCC-1224A is a compact 22.5 mm wide DIN rail panel mount controller that is certified for use with Omron both 2-wire and 4-wire UMA safety mats and offers the following features:
- Switch selectable reset: eliminates jumper connections
- Switch selectable output mode: reduces stocked models by combing functions into one unit
- Built-in termination resistor: allows for connection to both 2 and 4 wire safety bumpers using a single controller
- 120V AC or 24V AC/DC: eliminate the need for an external power supply