Vertical flow wrapper
Intermittent motion sealing jaw (servo-based)
The picture shows the vertical fill and seal machine for packaging products into bags. The bag material comes from a plastic film coil that is first unwound, then shaped into a tube by a mechanical mandrel. At the same time the tube is sealed vertically.
- Feeder: A bag foil is fed via a loop control to the filling station. The foil tension control is achieved with a dancing arm system and an inverter.
- Register: Because the foil feed is subject to slippage, the exact position of the foil is constantly monitored using a registration mark encoder.
- Driver: Two vacuum side belts controlled by two servomotors pull the film through the forming area.
- Former & side-sealer: A forming collar is used to shape the film into a bag, and the length is sealed by the longitudinal sealing unit.
- Bottom-sealer & filler: After the bag is sealed at the bottom, the filling station drops product into the bag.
- Top-sealer: Once the bag has moved downward by one length, a transverse sealing unit closes the bag and a cutter separates the packaged product from the bag foil.